Recently we’ve been trying out different ways of telling members’ stories using digital tools. This week we checking out Steller.
So, what is this Steller thingy?
It’s an app that allows you to create a virtual storybook. Basically, you upload your photos and video clips, choose a theme, add some words and a beautiful book-like thing is created that let’s your readers swipe to turn the pages. It’s very easy to use.
What are we doing with it?
We tested Steller at UNISON’s National Delegate Conference. At the end of the day we created a visual summary of what had been going on.
Take a look!
(If you’re reading this on a desktop computer the experience is not quite the same – Steller is all about the swiping.)
What’s it good for? Here’s our top 3.
- Visual stories, perhaps a campaign event.
- It looks best on a phone so it’s good content to share on social media.
- Many other creative projects that we just haven’t thought about yet.
Where can I get my hands on it?
Load up your App Store on your Android or iPhone and download it from there. We’ve included the links below to make it super easy for you.
- Click here for Android
- Click here for Apple.
- Desktop. Not so much. You can log in and view them but you can’t create one from your desktop.
We’re keen because…
- It looks beautiful
- It’s easy to use
- People who like books will like it. Probably.
Not so great because…
- You can’t create them on a desktop and must have some kind of devices.
To sum up
It’s too pretty not to try. Go and have a play today and leave your comments below.